The Ride!

Today I was looking out my window,


what a beautiful sunny day.


I saw my son’s four wheeler,


just sitting there,


inviting me to go the old woods road,


to where those red pine trees grow.


I crabbed my trusty old cane,


wobbled a long few steps,


to that old machine,


and away I did go,


to that beautiful place,


where the red pine trees grow.


The weather has been dry,


and there are no mud holes,


to go through.


The going was slow, over a log or two.


On the way back,


my front wheel got stuck,


and after a moment of rocking to and fro,


the wheel broke free,


and away I did go.


This reminds me of life,


and the trials we face,


as we get stuck in a rut,


as through life we race. When we calm down,


and seek help from above,


and thank God for His blessings,


that are given with love.


We find direction and peace,


and get unstuck,


O, what a wonderful release!


Share this: face book, twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by Angels

CLOUDS!

Poem