THE HEART [10]


Today Bible study begins with Psalm 112 verse seven which reads:

Psalm 112:7King James Version

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

Here we find the writer has a fixed or complete focus on God’s Holy Word.This is a great lesson for us as we go down life’s road; to live by keeping our heart in tune with our Creator.Walking with a trusting heart. In verse eight we read”His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.” Here we see a steadfast heart seeking guidance from God’s word.

The last Psalm we look at today is Psalm 119 which has it’s theme of one loving to read God’s word with a honest ,pure, steadfast heart seeking God’s will.You will notice this in the verses I share from this Psalm. verse two reads”2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.” We move down to verse seven and read:

I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.” Now turn to verse ten that states “10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.” The writer here is searching God’s word with a whole heart, honest and true praising his Creator for His statutes.We as followers of Christ should read God’s word the same way today. Let’s skip down to verses 32-34 and read:

Psalm 119:32-34King James Version

32 “I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.”

These verses teach us that we need to follow God and His word with a whole heart; this is the theme for Psalm 119.

The last verse today I share is verse 111.111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

A wonderful verse to end our study of Psalm 119 on the condition of the heart.

I finish this study about the heart in Psalms with this verse.

Psalm 147:3 King James Version

He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Touch of My Fathers Hand!

WHEN I AM WEAK!

TIME!