The Heart [6]

Our study of what the Psalms tells us about the heart continues with Psalm 39: 3 K.J.V.
“My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,”. Psalm 40: 10 is our next verse which reads in my King James “I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.”In verse 12 we see this about the heart “For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Our next stop is Psalm 44:21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart. [Yes, God knows everything in our heart!] Now let’s look at Psalm 45:

Psalm 45:1 King James Version

45 My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Psalm 49:3 King James Version My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

Our last verse for today is Psalm

Psalm 51:17 King James Version .The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Review: what psalms has revealed about our heart so far in our study.

*God puts gladness in the heart.*God tests and tries the heart.*A good heart speaketh the truth.*Reading God’s word causes a heart to rejoice.*He grants the desires of our heart if we follow His will.*Our heart will live forever if we walk upright. *Our heart will be strengthened when we wait upon the Lord.*The Lord is our shield and strength when we trust Him.*Having an upright heart causes one to rejoice.*God is near to the humble and broken hearted.*When we find our delight in the Lord, He will give the desire of the heart.

[prepared by Winston Staples]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Touch of My Fathers Hand!

WHEN I AM WEAK!

TIME!