LADDERS!

As I lie here, unable to sleep,
I think of many things,
and not counting sheep.
It amazes me,
what comes into my mind,
and to others it does not matter,
but tonight, I thought about ladders.
About man over the years,
have used them to gain heights,
like those of Babel,
reaching up, trying to reach God,
and those ladders firemen use,
lives and buildings to save.
Man and his inventions,
reach almost everywhere,
on this old sod,
but his ladders can not reach Heaven,
and the presence of God.
God provided a ladder,
one that came down,
so we could go up.
That ladder was Jesus,
God's only Son.
He came to us,
as a little humble babe,
 and after 33 years,
He gave up His life,
baring our sins, and through Him,
we can climb to Heaven,
because we are saved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Touch of My Fathers Hand!

WHEN I AM WEAK!

TIME!